For a small country, New Zealand has an incredible amount to offer, and it is no wonder it features on so many people’s travel wish lists. It is not for nothing it is known as ‘the whole world in one country.’ For nature lovers, it boasts a ‘top ten’ dive site, some of the world’s best walks, outstanding national parks with sweeping mountain landscapes, dense rainforest and unique native bush, uncountable beaches for surfing and swimming and a range of wildlife encounters. Beyond this there are excellent wineries, a well-established adventure scene, art galleries, the famous “Hobbiton” from the Lord of the Rings movies and the beautiful Maori culture to enjoy. From the long sandy beaches of the north island all the way down to the serene fjords of the south island, cruising the coastline of Aotearoa (the indigenous name for New Zealand, meaning ‘land of the long white cloud’) is the best way to appreciate this island nation’s ever changing beauty.
Highlights Of A Charter In New Zealand
- Dive at Poor Knights Island Marine Reserve, considered by Jacques Cousteau to be one of the world’s best dive sites. Here, a myriad of underwater cliffs, arches, tunnels and caves are home to an array of wildlife.
- Whale watch off the stunning mountainous coastline of Kaikoura. This area off the eastern coast of the South Island is the best place in New Zealand to spot sperm whales, orcas, dusky dolphins, humpback whales and even the mighty blue whale.
- Fly inland from your yacht to visit the adventure capital of New Zealand, Queenstown, for a real adrenaline kick. From bungee jumping to jet boating, there is something for every thrill seeker.
- Explore the excellent wineries of Waiheke Island. This small island is just a short cruise from Auckland city centre, but it feels a world away. Enjoy the laid back atmosphere and stunning sea views as you sample the fares of several impressive wineries.
- Don’t miss an authentic cultural experience – sampling a hangi (baked earth oven) on the beaches of Great Barrier Island is an unforgettable way to learn about some of the traditions of New Zealand’s Maori culture. After you have eaten, lie on the beach and star gaze – Great Barrier Island has stars that rival the best in the world.
- Explore the cosmopolitan city of Auckland, which offers world-class dining and an appealing line up of museums, art galleries and much more.
- Watch two oceans come together at New Zealand’s most northern tip, Cape Reinga, and learn about the spiritual significance of this sacred place to the Maori.
- Encounter New Zealand’s enchanting local flora and fauna. Be humbled by the mighty Kauri tree, mesmerised by the star-like glow worms and delighted by Aotearoa’s national bird, the kiwi.
- Cruise Fjordland National Park by superyacht, taking in the unspoilt beauty of the soaring rock faces, waterfalls and deep waters of Milford, Dusky and Doubtful Sounds.
Our expert team and yacht crew are on hand to help you plan your own unforgettable yacht charter in New Zealand. Contact us here
for more information.