With its calm seas, picturesque pebbled beaches and delightfully warm Mediterranean climate, Croatia is among the world’s finest sailing playgrounds. Made up of more than 1,200 islands, the absolute best way to see the Croatia is by boat. There’s plenty to get excited about both on and offshore, from vibrant diving and snorkelling spots to beautiful national parks, stunning architecture and rich history. Charter a yacht in Croatia, wind your way through the Dalmatian Coast and enjoy the diverse mixture of islands, or go north to the Istrian peninsula and Kvarner Bay for a higher concentration of marinas and a more cosmopolitan feel. Boasting around 200km of rocky, indented shore, Croatia is unspoiled beauty at its best.
Highlights of a charter in Croatia
- Ask your crew to bring you ashore by tender and spend the day relaxing at Zlatni Rat, one of the most popular beaches in Croatia. Or opt for one of the many quieter hidden spots on the mainland such as Nugal, just south of Makarska.
- Take your pick from one of Croatia’s eight national parks like the UNESCO-listed Plitvice Lakes and Krka, both known for their mesmerising sapphire blue and emerald green lakes and stunning waterfalls.
- Hike to Croatia’s second highest peak – Sveti Jure – on the Biokovo mountain range. Start from Makar (just a few miles from the sea) and follow the 1762m spellbinding route to jaw-dropping views. You will be richly rewarded for your efforts.
- Soak up the atmosphere of Croatia’s most well-preserved walled town – Dubrovnik – from high on its medieval walls. This 2km wall walk provides an excellent feel for the city and its history, with towers and forts to explore along the way.
- Drop anchor off a secluded cove near the island of Hvar and swim in the warm and clean water – so clear you can see fish 30 feet below.
- Get a good dose of adrenaline by Bungee jumping off the 130-ft Sibenik Bridge toward the Krka River below.
- Sail into Split and explore Croatia’s second largest and most affluent city. Visit Diocletian’s Palace, one of the world’s best-preserved monuments of Roman architecture and a UNESCO World Heritage site. Then hit Split’s stylist restaurants and cocktail bar scene.
- Dock at the port city of Pula in Istria and visit one of the best preserved first-century Roman amphitheatres and catch one of the regular musical concerts.
- Go diving at one of the many sites adorned with reefs, underwater caverns, pillars and canyons, like the Istrian Peninusla, Korcula, Kornati or Kvarner Bay.
- Admire the unique and stunning architecture in Croatia’s capital, Zegreb.
Our expert team and yacht crew are on hand to help you plan your own unforgettable yacht charter in Croatia. Contact us here for more information.