Sanya, located on the island of Hainan on the southernmost point of China, is an area rich in history that dates back to the Qin Dynasty (221-206BC). Sometimes called ‘Tianya Haijiao’, meaning “the end of the sky and ocean,” thanks to its remoteness from political centres during the Imperial China eras, today Sanya is a popular destination for seafarers and tourists alike thanks to the numerous beautiful seas, mysterious forests and historical sites all around this tropical city. With a huge number of sights and attractions in a comparatively small area, there is much to see and do on a yacht charter with plenty of day charter options as well as extended itineraries.
Highlights of a charter in Sanya
- Visit the nature reserves of of Yalong Bay Tropic Paradise Forest Park and Sanya Coral Reef National Nature Reserve.
- With more than 20km of beach, Sanya is often referred to as ‘China’s Hawaii’ and you will be spoilt for choice when choosing what beaches to visit.
- Sample some fresh seafood in the city centre or enjoy a picnic on the beautiful sands of some of the best beaches in China.
- Make the most of your yacht’s inventory of toys and tenders in the warm waters of the uncrowded Sunny Bay.
- Sail to Wuzhizhou Island, a butterfly shaped 1.48sqkm island in Haitang Bay, which is home to more than 2,700 types of plant including Alsophila spinulosa and Dracaena draco, thought to be the oldest plant species in the world.
- Visit the bronze statue of Guan Yin Buddha, which stands an incredible 108m tall, on a manmade island off Nanshan. Feel for yourself the beauty and peace and harmony of Buddhism culture in the presence of this mighty statue which is bigger than the Statue of Liberty.
- Sail to West Island (also called Diamaodao or Xidiadao), the second largest island of Hainan Province and home to just 3000 locals. Visit a traditional fishing village, enjoy the island’s tropical setting and dive and swim in waters that teem with coral and tropical fish.
Our expert team and yacht crew are on hand to help you plan your own unforgettable yacht charter in Sanya. Contact us here for more information.