Malaysia, Thailand’s stylish neighbour, is blessed with warm temperatures and waters all year round thanks to its close proximity to the Equator. One of Malaysia’s many highlights is Langkawi; sitting on the northwest peninsula of Malaysia, it is an archipelago of 99 islands at high tide and 104 at low tide. The archipelago is famous for its white beaches and its slow-paced island life. The unmissable Langkawi Geopark is home to a vast array of exotic flora and fauna, colourful birds, butterflies, and unusual reptiles and animals. As an added bonus, Langkawi is a duty free island, making it a great value holiday destination.
Highlights of a charter in Malaysia
- Discover Langkawi Geopark, that was awarded UNESCO Geopark status for its stunning heritage, with features dating back 500 million years. Kayak through mangroves and explore this stunning setting.
- Anchor in the small bay of Pulau Timun where visitors often spot monkeys and wild pigs, or make your way to Pulau Paku on the eastern part of the island and explore the caves there.
- Experience the outstanding diving and snorkelling at Pulau Payar Marine Park, which is famous for its ‘Coral Garden’ and fantastic array of marine life.
- Admire the picturesque limestone islets that jut out of the water at Pulau Laggun and relax on the pristine white beaches of Pantai Tengah and Pulau Beras Basah.
- Take in the sights at Kilim River Geopark, a breathtaking mixture of mangroves and mountains. Dine on fresh local fish at nearby restaurants, including the famous Fish Farm.
- Hike through the tropical forest and mangrove or experience the thrill of feeding baby sharks on Payar Island.
- Soak up the atmosphere at Pentai Cenang, Langkawi’s liveliest beach, with a vast array of restaurants, bars, live music venues and water sport activities.
- Visit Pulau Singa Besar, a wildlife sanctuary where Mouse Deer, the smallest deer in the world, and wild pigs roam free.
- Swim in the cool waters of the freshwater Lake Of The Pregnant Maiden on Dayang Bunting Island. Legend says that women who swim in these waters are blessed with fertility.
- Swim in the exceptionally clear water of Pantai Datai Bay, a tranquil spot only accessible from the sea or for guests staying at the Datai Resorts
View a sample Malaysia yacht charter itinerary here for further inspiration.
Our expert team and yacht crew are on hand to help you plan your own unforgettable yacht charter in Malaysia.