Until recently Myanmar was only a destination for the most intrepid of travellers. Even now, a yacht charter is the best way to explore this still untouched and unspoiled gem of South East Asia as it allows unprecedented access to the highlights of this world-class cruising ground. The Mergui Archepelago, nestled next to the Tenasserrim coastline, is the perfect place to play explorer and find your own private beach amongst the 800 uninhabited islands. A true escape from modern life, you will be sharing the water with just the abundant marine life and the Moken Sea Gypsies who have lived a transient life on these waters for centuries. A charter gives you the opportunity to explore the best kept secret of Southeast Asia before everyone else catches on.
Highlights of a charter in Myanmar
- Explore the virgin rainforest and secluded coves of the hundreds of uninhabited islands of the Mergui Archepelago.
- Learn of the culture of the Moken sea gypsies, who live a nomadic lifestyle aboard their flotilla of ‘Kabang’.
- Be the first to find an underwater paradise, with much of the area as yet undiscovered by divers.
- Relax on the huge sweeping bay of Great Swinton Island, meet friendly locals or hike up the island’s mountain for spectacular views.
- Visit Lampi Maine National Park, the only one of its kind in Myanmar. The area is largely unexplored, with a mix of forest, mangrove, dunes and reefs, teeming with over 1000 recorded species including several protected animals such as the Sunda Pangolin, the Dugong and Loggerhead Turtle.
- Admire the famous shimmering Pagodas, sacred temples that stretch up towards the sky.
View a sample Myanmar yacht charter itinerary here for further inspiration.
Our expert team and yacht crew are on hand to help you plan your own unforgettable yacht charter in Myanmar. Contact us here for more information.