1. Can you charter a Yacht and dive during the Sandbox stay?
- Simpson Yacht Charter have SHA Plus status meaning you can enjoy your stay overnight on Phuket’s Territorial waters which includes Naka Island, Koh Khai Nok, Maithon, Ratcha Island.
- Phuket has some of the best dive spots in Asia from King Cruiser Wreck to Shark Rock and Koh Dok Mai. There are also beach dive options in Kata but this is dependent on tides.
- You may refer to the SHA PLUS Approved list
2. Are staff at Simpson Yacht Charter vaccinated?
- We currently have more than 70% of Simpson Yacht Charter staff vaccinated. Staff that aren’t vaccinated are not allowed have any engagement with the customers
- All our Captains, deck hands and hosts/chefs are fully vaccinated with Sinovac.
3. What is Phuket Sandbox?
- Applicable for international travellers who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no less than 14 days before the travel date. They must also be from countries/regions with a low to medium risk of SAR-CoV-2 virus as announced and constantly updated by the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH).
- Applicable for children under 6 years of age travelling with fully vaccinated parents or guardians.
- Applicable for children between 6 and 18 years of age travelling with fully vaccinated parents or guardians, but they are required to take a COVID-19 test upon arrival at their own expense.
- All vaccinated international arrivals must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine registered with the MoPH or approved by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
- All arrivals are required to download and install the alert application.
- All arrivals are required to stay in an accommodation establishment that is certified with the Approved SHA PLUS Status
- For travellers who wish to visit Phuket only, no minimum stay is required but they must leave Phuket (Thailand) for another country on or before the intended departure date;
- For travellers who wish to continue the journey to other Thai destinations, they must stay in Phuket for 14 nights, and thereafter will be allowed to travel domestically.
- All COVID-19 tests must follow the guidelines by the MoPH.
- Travellers are allowed to engage in any tourism activities but are advised to strictly follow the DMHTTA precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19: D – Distancing, M – Mask wearing, H – Handwashing, T – Temperature check, T – Testing for COVID-19, and A – alert application.
4. What do you need to do for Pre-Arrival?
In order to be eligible to enter in Thailand, vaccinated international travellers – and their children – need to have all of their advance arrangements in good order for arrival and entry. These include:
- A vaccine certificate to proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no less than 14 days before the travel date with a vaccine registered with the MoPH or approved by the World Health Organisation (WHO);
- A valid visa;
- A Certificate of Entry (COE) issued by the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate;
- A COVID-19 health insurance policy with a minimum coverage of US$100,000;
- A confirmation of booking in a SHA Plus-certified accommodation establishment.
- A medical certificate with an RT-PCR laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before departure.
5. What is the procedure upon arrival?
- Undergo Immigration and Customs procedures, and a COVID-19 screening, including RT-PCR tests;
- Download and install the alert application;
- Check-in at the pre-booked SHA Plus-certified accommodation establishment.
6. What is required during my stay?
- Undergo a COVID-19 test using an RT-PCR method on Day 5 of your arrival per the MoPH’s guidelines;
- Engage in tourism activities or enjoy services in SHA Plus-certified venues and businesses, under the DMHTTA precautions;
- For emergency in case of having respiratory or other related symptoms, please alert the staff at your accommodation or contact the nearest hospital;
- The operator/owner of the accommodation establishment is required to report the name list and status of all foreign guests to the provincial authority on a daily basis.
7. Checking for departures?
- For travelling from Phuket to other Thai destinations, travellers are required to show a vaccine certificate and a medical certificate that they have tested negative for COVID-19;
- For travelling from Phuket to other countries, travellers are advised to follow the guidelines and measures announced by the respective country of destination.
Please contact us today for more information on your blissful long weekends and short holidays in the Phuket at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further up to date information please check on the link: Tourism Authority of Thailand News.