When it comes to chartering a yacht, there are hundreds of great spots to choose from. In this article, we are going to discuss five of our top choices around the globe. In each of these destinations, there is undoubtedly something to meet everyone’s desires alongside outstanding natural beauty that you can enjoy with the 360 panoramic views from your chartered yacht.
One of the best destinations in the world to charter a yacht. Navigate through the calm waters where the Augean, Mediterranean, and Ionian seas meet, gazing upon its timeless beauty. With over 3000 islands to explore, Greece has everything you need to create an array of cherished memories. Often referred to as the cradle of western civilisation, Greece has abundant historical sites to explore and a vibrant culture that will make you feel at home when you step off your chartered yacht.
- The largest Greek island is Crete, often dubbed Europe’s oldest city. Here you can travel through time when you explore the ancient ruins of Knossos or the Roman city of Gortys. This is also where you can taste the most exceptional Greek cuisine.
- The island of Santorini is famous for its extraordinary black beaches, where you can observe the most jaw-dropping sunset that Greece offers. The mountainous island is a great place to trek or appreciate quaint, traditional architecture.
- If you are after nightlife, then the island of Mykonos is the place to go.
- You can moor in Athens to visit the archaeological sites of the acropolis and venture inland to walk the steps of Delphi, the temple of the ancient god Apollo.
- On top of countless picturesque landscapes, ancient ruins, and incredible culture, there are many options for activities such as snorkelling, jet-skiing, or, if you’re brave enough, water paragliding.
Thailand has been creeping up on everyone’s radar as a tourist destination for some time now; there are many reasons why. Thailand boasts a collection of incredible islands, pristine beaches, and palm tree backdrops. It is home to some of the most unique landscapes on earth, scattered along its shimmering blue coastline. Your heart will be warmed by how welcoming the people truly are, and you will understand why they call it the land of smiles. Thailand is a top destination for chartering a yacht. A perfect combination of tranquil relaxation and exuberant nightlife.
- Cruise the coves and bays of Phuket, one of the most iconic destinations of Thailand, often featuring in Hollywood movies. This forested and mountainous island, with its warm, clear water and luxury spas and resorts, is the perfect place for relaxation.
- For bustling nightlife, you don’t have far to go to venture into the island’s capital, Phuket City. Packed to the brim with bars and nightclubs.
- If you want to make the most of the warm, clear water, you can head to the famous triangle of Koh Tao, Koh Samui, and Koh Phangan to take advantage of a multitude of excellent diving and snorkelling spots. These islands also boast great nightlife for some truly unforgettable memories.
The South Pacific
There is no better way to witness unspoiled natural beauty than chartering a yacht in the South Pacific. There are endless amounts of paradise islands to explore across these calm, clear waters. With Fiji, New Caledonia, the Solomon Islands, and the Society islands to choose from, you are spoiled for choice. An abundance of marine life, varying landscapes, fantastic food, and much more await you in this picturesque haven.
- New Caledonia is home to the world’s largest lagoon; the surface covers 24,00 square kilometres. This is perfect for any water sports activity. The capital is Noumea, situated on the island of Grand Terre, an ideal place if you want to add some European flair to your holiday. The mixture of French and native Kanak influences gives you the best of both worlds.
- Why not find your own personal paradise island? The Solomon Islands has over 900 to choose from, where you will experience a surfeit of different cultures as you journey from one to the other.
- The Society Islands of French Polynesia will take your breath away. Experience the volcanic island of Bora Bora and experience its unwavering beauty along the tropical flora and fauna blossoming from its volcanic hills.
- Each destination in the South Pacific is full of anchoring spots suitable for a chartered yacht. You will experience vibrant marine life as you snorkel in the clear shallow waters. Booming with jaw-dropping scenery, welcoming locals, and cultural diversity, it is probably the most tranquil place to charter a yacht.
Nestled between Central and Southeast Europe along the calm, warm waters of the Adriatic Sea lies Croatia; the only way to truly appreciate this picturesque landscape and explore its abundance of islands is by chartering a yacht. Its waters are teeming with life, offering a selection of snorkelling and dive spots, and if you want to witness nature at its finest, there are eight distinctive national parks to choose from.
- Spend some time exploring the quaint fortified city of Dubrovnik. This quaint winding cobbled street city is a beauty to behold. You can walk along the city wall to gaze down at the red-roofed neighbourhoods or take a cable car for the incredible views of its golden coastline.
- Head to the Island of Hvar to encounter a buzzing nightlife along Hula Hula Beach. You can spend your days choosing from one of the many secluded coves amongst the Pakleni Islands, where you can drop your anchor and swim in some of the most transparent water on the planet.
- The second largest city in Croatia is Split. Take a tour of its Pre-Romanesque churches and Gothic chapels or party through the night at Bacvice beach. You are spoiled for choice when it comes to fine dining, and if you’re a TV buff, you can visit the Game of Thrones Museum and delve through areas of the city where the series was filmed.
Hong Kong is one of the top places in the world to charter a yacht, and there are plenty of reasons why. Marine life, sky bars, fine dining, amusement parks, nightlife, water sports, nature trails, and temples are just a few reasons you will want to extend your stay in the city of skyscrapers.
- Its incredible marine ecosystem is home to around 84 species of coral, making it a hotspot for divers; you can plunge into the subtropical waters all year long without being disappointed.
- You can enjoy a cityscape view from one of its high-end sky bars while sipping on exceptionally crafted cocktails.
- The harbour is packed with restaurants where you can dig into some of the best dim sum and seafood you will ever eat.
- If you’re looking for water sports, there is nowhere better. From surfing to night kayaking, Hong Kong has it all!
- It is often forgotten that two-thirds of Hong Kong is made up of mountains, national parks, forests, and pristine beaches where you can lose yourself and feel like you’re nowhere near the bustling city.
- Hong Kong is also home to over 600 temples, shrines, and monasteries, where you can learn about its rich history of Buddhism and Chinese folk religions.
- With much more to do, this far eastern gem is the perfect place to charter a yacht.
Still can’t decide?
We hope this list has helped you decide the next place to charter a yacht, but if you’re still struggling, there are many destinations you can choose from. With over 340 choices of yachts across the globe, Simpson’s team of experts can help tailor the perfect experience the next time you want to charter a yacht. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.