The famous blue waters of the Mediterranean need no introduction and it is little surprise that the West Mediterranean has long proved the world’s most popular location for yachts to visit. Cruising from one country to another, with a short distance between many destinations, a yacht charter allows you to soak up the differences in each country’s rich cultural history, cuisine and architecture, whilst still finding your own private beach paradises along the way. Move quickly from busy cities to quaint villages, each with their own unique charm and personality. From island hopping, to celebrity spotting, the West Mediterranean has it all.
The quintessential superyacht destination, the glamour of the French Riviera is unrivalled and is the perfect place to see and be seen. Monaco, Nice, Antibes and more, all play host all year round to the world’s finest superyachts and are buzzing with activity. Fine dining, a busy social scene, culture and beautiful scenery, the French Riviera has it all.
Enjoy the thousands of coves and beaches in the Spanish Balearic Islands popular for their idyllic combination of unspoiled beaches and vibrant nightlife. The four islands of Ibiza, Formentera, Menorca and Mallorca each have their own personality, plentiful beautiful anchorages and a busy Spanish vibe.
Corsica and Sardinia perfectly complement each other as a cruising destination, offering all the charms of France and Italy. With its rugged coastline and breezy conditions Sardinia is an ideal sailing ground and home to a number of superyacht regattas and the island has also earned a reputation for countless pristine beaches, with white sand and blue waters. Likewise Corsica is an equally stunning and versatile cruising ground, with something for everyone.
Stretching between the Gulf of Naples and the Gulf of Salerno, the Amalfi Coast is home to stunning Cliffside towns including Amalfi and Sorrento. Beautiful structures, including churches, fortresses and Medieval buildings give this coastline its character, together with impressive scenery and exquisite beaches. Other highlights of Italy include Sicily, the country’s largest island, with its volcanic backdrop and plentiful culture that combine to create the perfect setting for a charter.
Highlights of a charter around the West Mediterranean
- Soak up the glamour and glitz of Monaco and the French Rivera. Pay a visit to the famous Monte Carlo Casino, walk along the winding streets of Nice’s Old Town, or simply enjoy a promenade along the beach front.
- Learn about the marine world at Monaco’s world-renowned Musee Oceanographique
- Make the most of the French Riviera’s shops, with a host of exclusive boutiques proving the perfect excuse for retail therapy.
- Sample some fresh and vibrant Mediterranean cuisine, bursting with flavour, with many world class restaurants found along the coastlines. Whether you are after a plate of tapas, washed down with a rich red wine, or Michelin starred establishments, you will be spoiled for choice.
- Come ashore and dance the night away on the famed party islands of Ibiza. Recover from a night of clubbing with a cool cocktail on your yacht’s private sundeck.
- Take your pick from one of the many flavoursome wines produced at the famed Balearic wineries.
- Visit Palma’s spectacular gothic cathedral and meander through Mallorca’s narrow alleyways to admire the architecture close up.
- Brid spotters will delight in the huge array of birdlife on Menorca – a UNESCO Biosphere reserve – including huge Egyptian vultures and a large number of other birds of prey.
- Explore the underwater world, visiting one of the Med’s many renowned dive sites.
- Stretch your sailing legs in the popular waters of Sardinia, home to many popular sailing regattas and with stunning beaches, historic villages dotted along the 1,100 miles of coastline. Make sure you visit the world-class Costa Smeralda Yacht Club in Porto Cervo.
- Marvel at the wild beauty of Sardinia’s Costa Verde, with its stretching beaches and towering dunes, is nature at its finest.
- Sail to Bonifacio, a Corsican town perched on the edge of limestone cliffs, and come ashore to visit the old citadel, with medieval houses and winding streets to explore.
- Pay a visit to the protected islands of La Maddalena National Park, in between Corsica and Sardinia, a perfect setting for water sports, diving and enjoying the warm waters of the region.
- Cruise around the Sirenusas, the Gallos archipelago of three islands off the Amalfi coast. Said to be home to the mythical sirens, the charms of this beautiful area are sure to lure you in.
- Take your camera when you visit Positano, on the Amalfi Coast, famed for its picture perfect setting and pink and peach houses clinging to the hillside. Enjoy a smart scene onshore, with a host of restaurants and shopping options.
- Sail between the seven Aeolian Islands, off Sicily, and sink your feet into the sparkling black volcanic sand. Explore the islands’ many archaeological sites, dive on untouched reefs and sample some of the famed wine and cuisine.
Our expert team and yacht crew are on hand to help you plan your own unforgettable yacht charter in your pick of the West Mediterranean. Contact us here.