Yacht charter, Catamaran and boat rental in RAJA AMPAT
Located off the northwest tip of Papua’s Bird’s Head Peninsula in New Guinea, the beautiful Raja Ampat is made up of more than 1500 jungle-covered islands. This sparsely populated, year-round destination is a true hidden gem. Best known for its sublime scenery, spectacular white-sand beaches and pristine coral reefs full of rich marine life, Raja Ampat is one of the world’s most appealing yachting destinations. Described by scientists as a biological hot spot, it’s an internationally acclaimed diving location full of dazzling and colourful sea life and untouched coral. What’s more, its diverse range of species isn’t limited to the ocean. These lush islands are home to two bird-of-paradise species as well as lizards, snakes, tortoises, opossums and other birdlife. Seductively beautiful above and below the water, chartering a yacht in Raja Ampat delivers the ultimate island-hopping experience.
Highlights of a charter in Raja Ampat
- Take your pick from over 200 of the world’s best diving sites and experience the vibrant underwater world full of all sorts of marine life including manta rays, giant clams, parrotfish and more.
- Sail through the Damier Strait to the mainland city of Sorong. This small port city is blessed with beautiful beaches, stunning waterfalls and breath-taking scenery. Keep an eye out for pods of dolphins and migrating whales along the way.
- Take in the sunset (or sunrise) from one of the islands’ many vantage points or immaculate beach spots, or from your private deck with a beverage in hand.
- Stop off at Waigeo, the largest of the four main islands and explore Raja Ampat’s capital – Waisai. There’s plenty to do here including birdwatching (the world-renowned crimson bird-of-paradise can be found here), diving, forest trekking and experiencing the sights and sounds of the local culture.
- Relax on the beautiful Kabui Bay while soaking up the extraordinary natural beauty of the calm, clear green water and surrounding cliffs.
- Pull up to the main dock on Piaynemo Island and take the stairs straight into the forest leading to the very top of the island, for a million-dollar view.
- Wander through the villages, chat with friendly locals and see their humble lifestyle. You might catch children playing traditional games and see traditional song and dance being performed or local artists at work.
- Sample the delicious local cuisine of fresh seafood, papeda (sago starch porridge) and savoury yellow fish soup at one of the charming island towns.
- Glide through Raja Ampat’s maze of islets, peninsulas, bays and inlets by kayak to its most secluded corners.
- Visit the islands of Wayag and explore their raw natural beauty. Hike the dense karst formations for sweeping and breath-taking views.
View a sample Raja Ampat yacht charter itinerary here for further inspiration.
Our expert team and yacht crew are on hand to help you plan your own unforgettable yacht charter in Indonesia. Contact us here for more information.