The East Mediterranean has fast become one of the most desirable charter destinations, with its unspoiled miles of beautiful coastline, culture, history, thousands of islands and stunning beaches. Perfect for exploring by yacht, with many sites only accessible by water, destinations including Croatia, Montenegro, Greece and Turkey offer an abundance of options for an unforgettable charter, all with first class facilities close to hand.
Rich in culture, archaeological sites abound throughout the East Mediterranean and, sailing between islands in the Aegean, it is easy to imagine that little has changed since the days that they were built. Step back in time by visiting historic sites and wonder at the impressive monuments, temples and ruins that hark back to days of old.
Greece is a must-do for a yacht charter and with more than 6000 islands and 16,000km of coastline it is ideal for cruising and island-hopping, with plenty to see and enjoy onshore including fresh seafood restaurants, ancient structures, white sand beaches and a welcoming atmosphere. Offering quintessential paradisiac scenes, you will be spoilt for choice on where to visit.
The diverse natural beauty and clear waters of Croatia and Montenegro, with their backdrop of green forest and striking landscape to complement the endless beautiful beaches are increasingly a must-do destination to explore. Perfect for watersports and diving, these beautiful waters are complemented with a rich onshore culture and long history.
A blend of ancient and modern culture, Turkey combines a historic atmosphere with buzzing harbours and authentic culture. Sail along Turkey’s ‘Turquoise coast’ and experience the clear waters filled with an abundance of sea life, traditional fishing villages, beautiful beaches and tantalising cuisine that give this stretch of coastline its character. Enjoy the rich history of the Turkish coastline, studded with historic ruins, incredible food and a warm welcome from locals.
Highlights of a charter around the East Mediterranean
- Plan an adventurous trip of island hopping around Greece, famous for their culture, whitewashed buildings, sandy beaches, nightlife, fresh food and more. The twelve Ionian islands are a particular highlight, with each island offering its own character and charm.
- Visit the old town of Nafplion, the first capital of Greece, and enjoy the multitude of historic structures, the Palamidi fortress, museums, shopping and fine dining
- Enjoy a truly authentic Greek experience in Kyparissi, named one of Greece’s most beautiful villages that is unspoilt by the touch of tourism thanks to its lack of access to anyone without a yacht. Dine in a local taverna surrounded by lush olive groves and overshadowed by majestic mountains.
- Visit the dramatic Drogarati Cave on Greece’s Kefalonia Island, admiring the majestic stalactites. If you are lucky you might visit at the right time to attend a concert hosted in these unforgettable caves. Visit the nearby Melissani Cave ‘Cave of Nymphs’, a true geological wonder.
- Marvel at some of the world’s most important archaeological sites, with ruins and historic sites dotted all around the region. Highlights include the Acropolis in Athens, Croatia’s walled city of Dubrovnik, and Crete’s Knossos, considered by many to be Europe’s oldest city.
- Sail around the up and coming destination of Croatia with its thousands of islands, tiny fishing villages, national parks, rich cultural background, stunning beaches and bustling cities.
- Visit Croatia’s Hvar fortress, which boasts a rich history and stunning views. Known as Croatia’s sunniest island, Hvar is a picture perfect destination has a natural beauty that will take your breath away, and offers a buzzing nightlife for party animals.
- Sail amongst the varied cruising grounds of the Dalmatian Islands with beautiful anchorages, rocky inlets, national parks and historic landmarks.
- Moor up in the award-winning natural harbour of Porto Montenegro, found in the Bay of Kotor, known as Europe’s most southern fjord. Impressive wildlife, characterful harbours, beaches and culture combine to ensure Montenegro is an unforgettable experience.
- Anchor overnight in one of Turkey’s many beautiful coves and stare up at a sky peppered with stars.
- Come ashore and experience the fascinating, bustling atmosphere of Istanbul and visit one of the city’s beautiful mosques, haggle at a local market, explore a museum or sample some authentic Turkish cuisine.
- Make the most of Turkey’s warm waters by enjoying water sports and a host of toys and tenders.
- Experience the healing sulphur waters and warm mud baths of Turkey’s Dalyan, before visiting the city’s many surrounding attractions including ancient rock tombs and a beach that is home to protected Loggerhead turtles.
Our expert team and yacht crew are on hand to help you plan your own unforgettable yacht charter in your pick of the East Mediterranean. Contact us here.