As the seasons grow colder, most of us daydream of our next exotic break—longing for sunshine, clear waters, and a picturesque paradise. However, counting down the days can seem tedious at best, so throughout this article, we will run you through some of the best places to charter a yacht based on the season. Then, with our tips on your next chartered yacht escape, you can turn those winter daydreams into a reality.
Escaping the winter
If you’re looking to escape the cold winters of Europe and North America, there are dozens of locations to choose from. Here is a list of some great places to spend some time from December to April.
- Phuket – This has to be our top choice. The rainy season ends in November, and you will find the perfect weather between December and March before the summer reaches its dramatic heights in April. Phuket is a primary spot for a break in paradise with its crystal-clear waters and out-of-this-world coves. You’ll be in awe as you gaze up at the limestone formations or swim with manta rays. You will be spoiled with irresistible cuisine everywhere; a choice of pristine beaches, world-class dive spots, and vibrant nightlife are sure to create unforgettable memories. Phuket has the perfect balance of nature, relaxation, water sports activities and party vibes that will fit around whatever mood you’re in. You will find a fleet of yachts and superyachts for charter at the Ao Po Grand Marina. Phuket is an amazing destination to charter a yacht and Simpson Yacht Charter is here to help you make that all-important decision and create your tailor-made charter experience.
- The Caribbean – Another great escape from those cold, dreary months is the Caribbean. There are over 7000 islands to explore, so you can never get bored revisiting its calm, clear azure seas. The Caribbean is one of the most popular destinations to charter a yacht, and the reasons are abundant. When chartering a yacht in the Caribbean, you have plenty of choices regarding destinations. Some of the top picks are The Virgin Islands, Antigua, St Lucia, Belize, St Barts, St Kitts, and St Martin, to name a few. The marine life is one of its biggest draws; you can snorkel with nurse sharks and manta rays along with hundreds of colourful tropical fish or take a dive into the famous 1000 ft wide and 400 ft deep sinkhole in Belize.
- Each location has its unique take on paradise with plenty of opportunity for ultimate relaxation, great rum cocktails and exquisite food. Throughout December, January, February, and March, the weather is at its best. Temperatures average between 75°F and 85°F (24°C-29°C), and the calm trade winds will mean a perfectly relaxing night without desperately looking for the aircon remote. Simpson Yacht Charter has an incredible selection of yachts that you can enjoy in the Caribbean, so why not make this winter special?
Spring and Summer excursions
With some climates reaching incredibly high temperatures and rain throughout the spring and summertime, it is good to know what locations are best to charter a yacht throughout these months. We will walk you through some of our top picks of places to charter a yacht between April and September. Avoiding excruciating heat and monsoons is crucial during this temperamental time of year.
- The Mediterranean – As the summer approaches, the temperatures of the Mediterranean are perfect for outdoor excursions on both land and sea. You’ll never grow tired as you sail from one country to the next, delving through the historical gems of the classical period. Chartering a yacht through the Mediterranean will take you through different worlds as you experience the plethora of cultures, architecture, and diverse food each country offers. On top of its timeless beauty, the Med is home to some of the most important archaeological sites in the world. Every country is steeped in history, from the Roman Coliseum to the Athenian Parthenon or historical ruins along the Turkish coast. Also scattered along this coastline is perpetual world-class cuisine accompanied by some of the best wines in the world. The bustling cities are perfect for retail therapy; its waters are warm, with plenty of opportunities to dive. If you want to have a naturistic experience, the coastlines also offer national parks, forests, and mountainous regions for hiking, climbing, or white-water rafting. Booking a chartered yacht through Simpson Yacht Charter, you will not be stuck for things to do in the Mediterranean.
- French Polynesia – From Summer to Autumn, a fantastic location to charter a yacht is French Polynesia. With nearly 120 enticing islands and atolls to cruise between, you won’t tire of this vibrant mixture of local Polynesian culture with a French influence. With the dry season between May and October, you’ll be blessed with temperatures between 71°F and 80°F (21°C and 27°C) throughout your boating trip here. Take a weekend break in Tahiti, the largest and most famous of the French Polynesian islands, said to be in a league of its own compared to other island destinations around the globe. Surrounded by coral reefs, warm, clear waters, and brimming with culture, Tahiti is the perfect place to immerse yourself in the warm and welcoming culture of French Polynesia. As well as the perfect weather, the summer and autumn months also bring another surprise with them. Humpback whales descend upon these beautiful shores, and you can watch them from the deck of your very own chartered yacht. For more information on this incredible destination, Simpson Yacht Charter can tell you everything you need to know.
Looking for something different?
Suppose you’re not concerned with keeping up with the warm weather and looking for something truly adventurous, Simpson Yacht Charter also offers chartered Yachts at the South Pole. Head to the clear icy waters of the Antarctic and witness the polar wildlife that dwells in one of the most remote places on Earth. You’ll be astonished gazing up at the giant icebergs and tumbling glaciers. You’ll never get bored with whales diving through cold waters, colonies of emperor penguins, and rookeries of seals. Try your hand at camping out on the ice and lay your eyes upon one of the most vibrant starry night skies you may ever see.
Need to know more?
If you are taken by any ideas we have shared on the best places to charter a yacht based on the season, then contact Simpson Yacht Charter at email@example.com where we are waiting to work with you to tailor the best charter experience you could want. There is so much to choose from, and our experienced team can ensure you get precisely what you are looking for.